SUPPLY CHAIN REDESIGN AND DEMANTRA MIGRATION SUCCESS
NexInfo has been engaged in process design & software implementation to improve Motorola Mobility's complex supply chain. The end to end supply chain starting with Customer Channel Inventory through Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Supplier Collaboration was evaluated and redesigned to improve overall process performance. Oracle's Value Chain Planning Suite including Oracle Demantra and Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning were the software of choice to implement the new design to get improved collaboration, improved visibility, quicker response and improved ability to re-plan in a quickly changing market.
NexInfo improved Motorola Mobility's value chain planning by implementing solutions based off of Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP), Global Order Promising (GOP), Cost Based Optimizer (CBO), and Collaborative Planning (CP). Over all NexInfo achieved: higher level accuracy and collaborative planning with Motorola's inventory/supply positions; ability to manage demand based on visibility to suppliers at contract manufacturer; and ability to promise and reschedule customer orders based on availability of sub-assemblies at contract manufacturer site.
- Modeled solution based on external supplier organizations
- Developed collaboration model to exchange information required for planning on both sides
- Generate build to forecast signals in ASCP plan & ship signal in GOP plan
- Create acceptable supply update schedule
GLOBAL S&OP USING DEMANTRA AND ADVANCED PLANNING & SCHEDULING
Beckman Coulter selected NexInfo as their vendor of choice for starting their strategic initiative for designing and streamlining the executive level Global Sales & Operations Planning process using Oracle’s Advanced Planning & Scheduling application suite and Demantra suite of products. Leveraging Oracle’s suite of tools, NexInfo designed and restructured Beckman Coulter’s S&OP processes to optimize their short and long term supply and demand. NexInfo defined a roadmap and strategy to integrate a platform connecting Beckman’s global sales organization with their fulfillment, service, and manufacturing organizations – creating a more efficient demand fulfillment experience for customers. With the introduction and integration of an executive Global S&OP process, Beckman Coulter has significantly improved operating excellence and company growth initiatives while providing timely and efficient customer service.
ENHANCED PLANNING AND INVENTORY CONTROLS WITH MASSIVE REVENUE GROWTH
Natus standardized on Oracle’s E-Business Suite R12.1.3, and enabled best-in-class processes for an integrated business with demand management and advanced supply chain planning solutions. Within just 10 months, NexInfo implemented Oracle's Value Chain Planning to create an integrated business model with a comprehensive demand and supply planning system that immediately provided improved results and greatly benefited Natus.
After NexInfo and Oracle partners worked together to implement various Oracle software, Natus Medical has favorably reported a 3 fold increase in their planning efficiency by gathering more precise data and experiencing a 33% increase in revenue.
ADVANCED SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING AND DEMANTRA DM
NexInfo helped improve planning and purchasing planning processes for 3M Corp. by implement tailored solutions using Demantra Demand Management and Advanced Supply Chain Planning. After implementing Demantra 3M Corp. utilized: integrated planning with Purchasing using ASCP improving material availability; improved forecast accuracy with consistent forecasting processes leading to lower inventory levels; improved supply chain planning capabilities and platform for constraint based planning; and exception based planning and capabilities to identify and reduce safety stocks.
- Demantra 7.3x Demand Management for managing demand and statistical forecasting
- Implemented Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning to create a 12 month weekly/monthly plan based on statistical forecast
- Enhancements to collect customer based price lists to enable revenue forecasting based on unit forecast
- Entire Solution integrated with Oracle EBS to drive purchasing/operations
DEMANTRA AND ADVANCED FORECASTING DEMAND MANAGEMENT
NexInfo worked with industry leader, Philips, to help launch their high-powered LED lighting division, Lumileds. After implementing tailored solutions using Demantra Demand Management and Advanced Demand Management Forecasting, Philips Lumileds improved their forecasting management, improved new product management, implemented collaborative prioritization, and increased fill rates & reduced stock-out rates.
- Demantra DM for statistical forecasting, forecast collaboration and customer based forecasting
- Process flow for consensus demand forecast
- Forecast tuning for increased accuracy
- New product introduction process to improve the forecast
- Multi-level forecast adjustments
- Revenue forecasting based on Average Selling Price (ASP)
DISCRETE INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING AND ADVANCED SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
NexInfo improved overall demand management and inventory optimization for Arris by implementing solutions for Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Global Order Promising, and Oracle Data Provider. Specific key achievements include: modeling supplier organizations into ASCP as external organizations and loading real-time inventory positions directly into planning side; collaborative planning and coordination with suppliers to reduce finished goods lead times by more than 50%; real-time custom order promising based upon finished goods inventory; reduced finished goods inventory by 47% within 6 months; and reduced quarter-end back-log resulting in dramatic increase in full ration and on time delivery.
- Enhanced demand planning processes giving planners the ability to forecast at either the FG level or sub-assembly levels or product family levels
- Modeled supplier organizations with real time feed of inventory positions within those organizations into supply planning solution
- Leveraged Global order promising and configured rules to provide a promise date based upon real time inventory positions
SALES & OPERATIONS PLANNING AND DEMANTRA DM
NexInfo helped Finisar improve sales planning processes on Oracle Demand Planning and improve demand management by implementing Demantra Demand Management, Sales & Operations Planning, and Oracle Data Provider. Upon completion of Finisar's project, NexInfo: migrated Finisar's sales forecasting process from Oracle Data Provider into Demantra; migrated Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Marketing, NPI and EOL processes into Demantra; integrated a seamless process from sales forecasting to consensus process; and reviewed S&OP updates and multiple levels within the system.
- Implemented Demantra Demand Management with existing supply planning footprint (Advanced Supply Chain Planning)
- Statistical forecast generation
- Revenue based history collection and revenue based forecast
- Hub Inventory & Hub Forecasting
- New Product Introduction & Maintenance
WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT AND RAPID PLANNING
NexInfo helped PrimeLine improve their warehousing management and planning processes by deploying tailored solutions using Oracle Warehouse Management (WMS). Regarding PrimeLine's Warehouse Management, NexInfo improved overall warehouse processes decreasing delayed shipping and packaging processes, and reducing shipping timelines. Regarding PrimeLine's Rapid Planning, NexInfo optimized high level drop-in demands by providing capabilities for quick simulations and in-depth analytics, along with re-prioritizing demand to maintain service levels.
- Warehouse Management
- Review of all warehouse management processes
- Redesign of warehouse processes
- Reconfiguration of warehouse management software
- Rapid Planning
- 5 key scenarios for rapid plan simulation including demand prioritization
DEMANTRA DM AND ADVANCED SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
NexInfo's tailored solutions for Toshiba aligned over all planning and purchasing planning processes using Demantra, ASCP, Cost Based Optimizer (CBO), and Production Scheduling. Some of the key areas of focus include: improved material availability and integrated planning and purchasing; lowered scheduling time with more optimization; improved forecasting accuracy and lower inventory levels; enhanced automated business process eliminating reliance on manual and bottleneck resources; and improved agility and visibility.
- Demantra Demand Management for forecasting feeding into ASCP Plan to create a supply plan for 12 months based on forecast.
- Oracle Production scheduling to schedule the plan optimally on shop floor for 1-3 months taking into account complex scheduling requirements such as setup times and sequence dependent scheduling.
- Variable capacity resources and finite scheduling of resources with minimum transfer quantities.
DEMANTRA DM AND ADVANCED SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
NexInfo's tailored solutions for Jack in the Box utilized Oracle's Demantra Demand Management and Advanced Supply Chain Planning suite to improve seasonal and causal based forecasting, while also driving better demand management, supply chain capabilities, lifecycle management, and extensive inventory management & supply planning.
- Implemented a statistical forecasting process
- Improved Warehouse based forecast
- New product introduction
- Supply planning at granular levels
- Provided ability to identify shortages and excesses
- Visibility to expiration and shelf life