PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT
Another flagship area of expertise for NexInfo includes our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and services; We utilized PLM software and solutions to greatly innovate compliance, collaboration, processes, and improve cycle times for greater client revenue.
Our Product Lifecycle Management Solutions may be implemented using Oracle’s Agile software, SAP PLM, Teamcenter PLM, and Enovia PLM.
Bringing remarkable products to market on time has been an issue due to the immense increase of regulations, as well as the proliferation of new products, globalization, shrinking product lifecycles, and outsourcing. With the desire of maximizing quality, revenue, product profitability, and market share, excellence across the enterprise and throughout operational processes must be accomplished. The need to have a profitable product requires reduction of built-in products, market introductions, process costs, close attention to quality, and record changes across an organizations extended enterprise.
Unlike other product collaboration management systems with uncontrolled and scattered product records that result in zero traceability and inaccurate product information; which leads to unprofitable product launches and missed business opportunities. Our solutions for Product Collaboration help companies achieve seamless integration of internal and external design, and manufacturing data, enabling better management and collaboration of product record information, supply, and processes across an extended supply chain.
NexInfo’s utilization of Agile Product Collaboration helps define a broad set of leading practice for companies and their extended supply chains to build, manage, and define complex products thought their product lifecycle. With the capabilities to facilitate and work collaboratively across the globe on a single system of certainty, organizations benefit from up-to-date enterprise product records including drawing documents, changes, bills of materials, specifications and approved manufacturer lists.
Agile Product Collaboration enables you to share, create, and maintain your products on record; among having the tools that will further increase productivity, lower product development, improve product quality, accelerate time revenue, and lower material cost. Many organization who have implement Agile Product Collaboration have seen impressive outcomes, such as a 90% reduction in product change cycle time, a 60% reduction in new product introduction times, and a 50% reduction in scrap and rework.
- Manufacturer management and change collaboration
- Secure access to preliminary and released information about any product, part, or document
- Automated and streamlined change management processes with intelligent workflow
- Visibility into pending and released changes
- Distributed manufacturing
- Synchronized manufacturing system with the current product record
- An environment to control and manage manufactures
- Product definition
- Efficient product management across global multitier supply chains
Managing cost throughout the product lifestyle becomes a daunting challenge for many companies; Due to failures of improper cost management, companies lose millions in profit each year.. With the expansion of manufacturing and engineering environments, where curriculum is created and managed in silos, product information becomes disperse and inconsistent. And in many cases this information remains imperceptible, invisible and non-standardized.
Agile’s Product Cost Management is the only inter-enterprise collaborative solution that combines both suppliers’ specific cost and risk data with the enterprise product record, up to the minute definition of the product-chronicling input for the sourcing, design, customer, supplier, and manufacturing tires. Along with enhancing a company’s strategic sourcing process throughout the lifecycle of their products sold. While offering an integrated picture of the product lifecycle that allows you to proactively analyze, and adjust processes to minimize risks and cost.
With NexInfo’s integration of Agile Product Cost Management, companies are given the tools to enter a collaborative wide enterprise and retrieve data and analyses securely across the multitier supply chain. Such framework clarifies new product sourcing, allowing companies to better manage products costs and reach initial product launch success. Beginning at the critical product concept phase, Agile Product Cost Management is the sole solution that allows organizations to create strategic sourcing decisions regarding both outsourced and new products, and enables team-based, bill-of-materials (BOM) sourcing and product cost collaboration.
Agile Product Cost Management integrates sourcing data into one common enterprise product record - the complete, current definition of the product that includes BOMs, approved manufacturers, specifications, drawings, and models. This facilitates companies to monitor the sustainability of sourcing strategies reduce ongoing product cost and leverage the full expertise of suppliers; while still upholding the end result with profitable products, delivered right to market by having key stakeholders involved in sourcing that may therefore share information and adjust based on integrated view of the product lifecycle.
- Price Management, with integrated cost and sourcing data in a secure product record
- Product sourcing with team-based BOM sourcing for outsourced and new products
- Tracks and reduces material and non-material costs
- Displays the product record in a flexible, multi-dimensional view
- Pushes cost records through the relevant supply chain
- Updates the product record in real time
- Models and analyzes commercial, engineered parts, and product cost scenarios
- Measures actual verses target cost using insightful analytics
- Supports collaborative input for design, sourcing, suppliers, and manufacturers
- Streamline and simplify new product sourcing processes
- Extend sourcing strategies across both internal and external product costing processes
- Adjust operations based on an integrated lifecycle cost projections
Due to problems with inconsistent design and engineering teams, multitier supply chain networks, and outsourced manufacturing, various corporations have difficulty controlling and sharing design information with key stakeholders. Even corporations that uphold workgroup data design management systems that house departmental engineering information, nonetheless face scattered design information among numerous systems rather than integrated within a single enterprise product record. This creates significant challenges for organizations, such as time consuming design reuse, unsecure control methods and management, and sharing of intellectual property, all resulting in millions of lost profits.
Agile Engineering Collaboration streamlines and improves engineering process across your organization with a broad range of functionalities to support product development from the essential concept phase through the entire lifecycle.
Agile Engineering Collaboration extends engineers and designers empowerment to access and leverage product designs within an enterprise vault. Furthermore engineers can search for, modify, checkout, and version mechanical and electronic computer-aided design (CAD) flies; while also viewing technical publications directly from their native design applications.
Engineers can visually share CAD designs with other engineers, in addition to purchasing, operations, suppliers, and marketing, to obtain critical feedback prior to design release. This allows for enhanced functionality to enable anyone with privileged access to view, interrogate, and markup native CAD data from anywhere in the world, without the need of the actual CAD authoring tool. Reviews may be submitted offline or online for convenient and quick feedback. In addition, bill-of-materials (BOM) and design collaboration functionality ensures that developed design prototypes are reduced, all ongoing design alterations are synchronized with product records, and that manufacturing accurately builds the product that was designed.
- Mechanical and electric CAD support
- Designs integrated into product record, with design change management automation
- View native CAD designs without authoring tool
- Enable enterprise-wide collaboration and accelerate time to revenue
- Drive innovation and maintain design integrity
- Live and offline design reviews
- Access from native design applications
- Reduce direct material costs and increase engineering efficiency
- Increase accuracy of design information and control intellectual property
Many organizations struggle to establish an effective product quality management system; especially for companies with geographically dispersed development, research, and manufacturing environments where product quality information is inconsistent and decentralized. Further complications are made when different business units, locations, and departments use completely separate tools and processes to communicate and resolve product deficiencies; leading towards little visibility across the enterprise and fragmented processes in need of re-work, recalls, and regulatory issues.
The need to improve product quality management in the manufacturing and retail phases of the product life cycle is only half the equation. There is a greater benefit when companies can analyze product quality factors, derive insights, and take action to improve designs early in the development process. Using Agile Product Quality Management enables a collaborative environment across the extended enterprise where teams dynamically update, analyze, and access information regarding product quality from internal departments, suppliers, and customers. The centralized information along with visibility creates a platform for next generation products and strategic decision making.
With the broad range of capabilities, Agile Product Quality Management has allowed companies to maintain regulatory compliance and take rapid corrective action when necessary throughout the product lifecycle. By serving as the only solution that systematically eliminates product deficiencies at their root by closely linking product deficiency data to the enterprise product record. The integrated solution eases cost control management for external and internal failure costs, inspection or appraisal costs, and prevention costs; and provides the foundation for enterprise quality management including design for quality, supply chain quality management, customer satisfaction and retention, and quality assurance.
The product record function is to complete, up-to-date definitions of a company’s products, which include bills of materials, specifications, processes, approved suppliers, and procedures. Agile Product Quality Management exposes trends and drives quality decisions earlier in the process to prevent problems from eventually occurring, and integrates compliance processes and data directly with the product record—providing audit trails, corrective action processes, and a single source of truth around the quality issues of all products and components.
- Workflow collaboration and notifications with external and internal participants
- Unified product quality data centralized in one record across the entire product value chain
- Template-based product quality data aggregation and tracking
- Automated corrective action and preventive action processes
- Enterprise integration to EPR, CRM, and other sources doe quality events and audits
- Leverage quality for a competitive advantage
- Close-loop resolution, with a proactive design for quality
- Management tools for: Risk, Non Conformance, Customer Complaints, Incidents, Audits, Supplier Quality, Compliance, Documentation and Control, and Change Management
- Improve product reliability, quality, customer satisfaction, and product strategy decisions
- Ensure regulatory compliance and save on warranty and service costs
With immense rise in regulations, organizations can never be too safe when it comes to satisfying compliance standards, especially for the life science, automotive, and high technology industries. Businesses and their products must comply with regulations and due diligent requirements or face a prolonged or failed product lifecycle. Some, if not all, businesses must meet environmental and safety regulations enforced by the Food and Drug Admin. (FDA), along with regulations set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the Department of Defense (DoD); and provide periodic transparent product lifecycle processes in order to complete periodic audits by these organizations.
Hence, Agile Product Governance and Compliance offers companies the solution to connect all product governance and compliance data and business processes within a singular database thru complete enterprise-wide visibility; Enabling companies to manage their products with government industry standards. The database mends together enterprise product records with compliance activities, allowing companies to meet more-reliably compliant environmental standards, create policy documentation, and design new green/compliant products; while improving risk of business audits and maintaining full compliancy at every critical step of a products’ lifecycle.
NexInfo’s implementation of Product Governance and Compliance solutions greatly improves the operations process and reduces the worries of suffering costly business disruptions, including; product redesigns, delayed market launches, product returns, recalls, FDA citations, and even business shutdowns. All user and management use of the PLM tool is continuously validated and cross-checked with current compliance process, ensuring continuous compliance and the immediate address of any potential failures.
In addition, environmental compliance solutions are provided to assist those who need global directives regarding hazardous materials, including the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS) and the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEE). This functionality allows manufacturers to collect data on product resources, substances, materials, and any other components used in production; and updates information regarding a products generated waste. Furthermore, new product design regulations are also built-in and offer guidelines for designers from initial concept to satisfy various regulations, and even include analysis to ensure technical attributes and specific country operations.
- Compliance data linked to product records
- Hazardous materials compliance risk analysis and reports
- Automated compliance validation and out-of-compliance detection for product definitions or supply chain changes
- Due diligence functionality supports FDA, DoD, ISO (9000, 14000, 13485), and SEC guidelines
- Environmental compliance functionality supports RoHS, WEEE, JEDEC, China RoHS, and Japanese Green Initiative
- Support for industry data collection formats (JGPSSI & IPC 1752)
- Policy and procedure documentation support and links
- Track and sustain full compliance and access regulatory information faster
- Provide auditors with precise and transparent data
- Reduce risk for business interruptions and inconstancies, improving risk/return profile
- Lower product and operational costs while designing more-compliant products
Businesses face global competition, shrinking product lifecycles, supply chain complexity, increasing customer demands, poor collaboration, limiting project visibility, and poor resource tracking that all make achieving sustainable growth and improving product profitability ever challenging. In order to succeed in this environment, product organizations must maximize product pipeline throughput while compressing cycle time, ensuring regulatory compliance, and controlling target margins; nurturing product profitability requires projects are executed with quick delivery and continuous, collaborative improvements that meet final design and manufacturing.
With Agile Product Portfolio Management organizations are enabled to optimize their product development investments by providing tightly synchronized project and product information, cross-project visibility and maximized resource usage, and decision support across the entire product lifecycle. Competitive advantage is also increased by establishing project management and development best practices and implementing enterprise technology tailored specifically for your organization using improved processes.
NexInfo’s implementation of Agile Product Portfolio Management offers intuitive project and resource management functionality for the product development beginning at the critical concept design phase and extending across the entire product lifecycle. While allowing companies to incorporate project management best practices across the enterprise, and provide a board range of capabilities supporting phase-gate product development processes. Providing complete transparency into key portfolio and resource information, users are able to select industry specific templates and predefined resources for project launches; and provides insight into performance metrics including projects, budget, resources status, engineering change orders, cycle times, parts sourced percentages, and noncompliance issues.
This is the only solution that tightly links project management activities to a common, complete, up-to-date product record that includes bills of drawings, specifications, models, costs, issues, changes, materials, corrective actions, and approved manufacturer lists – increasing profit margins. Synchronization across all organizations involved in product development enables one to securely control intellectual property, accelerate the introduction of profitable products, optimize enterprise, drive management strategies, and align product portfolio to marketing and financial objectives.
- Best practice project management and resource management
- Singular integrated view of products and project
- Automated task completion based on product deliverable lifecycles
- Cross-project portfolio analytics and multi-enterprise executive dashboards
- Executive views of portfolios and resource
- Project and product integration