Oracle Cloud Services (“Oracle Cloud,” for short) is the collection of cloud service offerings from Oracle that enable companies to reduce or eliminate their on-premise IT footprint and enjoy available-anywhere access to their applications and data–all while reducing overall spending on IT resources
At a high level, Oracle’s cloud service offerings fall into four broad categories:
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS): Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides general-purpose server resources, enabling customers to migrate their on-premise servers to virtual machines in the cloud.
- Software as a service (SaaS): Oracle offers an extensive suite of applications hosted in the Oracle Cloud platform, including enterprise resource planning (Oracle ERP Cloud), human capital management (Oracle HCM Cloud), enterprise performance management (Oracle EPM Cloud), customer relationship management (Oracle Service Cloud), the Oracle Fusion Cloud applications, and many more.
- Data as a service (DaaS): The Oracle Data Cloud service provides advanced analytics for aggregated consumer and company data.
- Platform as a service (PaaS): This service provides consistent, repeatable development and production environments for your cloud-based applications. Environment definitions can include compute services, data storage and analytics, high-availability configurations, load balancers, and more.
Of course, Oracle started life providing database tools, and Oracle’s prowess in database technology enables the company to provide advanced cloud database services. The Oracle Cloud database enables automation of many Oracle database tasks, such as provisioning, security, and health monitoring.
Taken together, these services represent a compelling, comprehensive cloud service. There are few data management or business processes that cannot be effectively migrated to Oracle Cloud.
Why Oracle Cloud Services?
In the question of Oracle Cloud vs. AWS vs. Azure, what differentiates Oracle cloud from the others?
The main advantage is that Oracle Cloud was designed from the ground up to be easy to configure, deploy, manage, and operate. In addition Oracle is the only vendor that offfers SAAS , PASS and IAAS services to enable your complete digital transformation. This approach has yielded numerous customer benefits, such as:
- Tools to make your move to the cloud easier, faster, and more accurate.
- Tools that enable you to evaluate the performance of your cloud applications and make better decisions around resource sizing.
- Automated provisioning of servers and storage, autonomous database management, and automation of other management services
- Comprehensive support for hybrid cloud configurations, whether between different cloud providers or between cloud and on-premise resources.
From a pricing perspective, Oracle Cloud pricing is competitive with other public cloud providers, and in most cases customers pay only for resources that are actually used. This is much more cost-efficient than paying to acquire, configure, and operate servers in your own data center–servers that cost you money whether they are operating at full capacity or are sitting idle.
What About Security?
Many companies believe that moving their computing operations to the cloud means never having to worry about cybersecurity again. However, the fact is that you are still responsible for cybersecurity for your cloud computing assets, just as they are for your on-premise assets.
The good news is that Oracle Cloud Security provides advanced tools that simplify and automate many security-related tasks, such as automated patching of operating systems and applications and automated encryption of data, both “at rest” and “in transit.”
What Other Oracle Cloud Products Are Available?
A partial list of Oracle cloud services includes:
- Oracle Integration Cloud: Platform for cloud and on-premise resource integration and automation
- Oracle Applications Cloud: Cloud applications management
- Oracle Data Cloud: Also known as Oracle Advertising Cloud, an extensive resource of customer marketing data
- Oracle Marketing Cloud: DIgital marketing data platform
- Oracle Commerce Cloud: Customer relationship management
- Oracle Financials Cloud: Financial analysis and reporting
- Oracle Sales Cloud: Sales automation and performance management
- Oracle Field Service Cloud: Field service management
- Oracle Procurement Cloud: Vendor and purchasing management
- Oracle Identity Cloud Service: Authentication and authorization for Oracle cloud applications
- Oracle Management Cloud: Cloud systems administration, monitoring, and management
- Oracle Blockchain Cloud Service: Tools for building and deploying blockchain applications
- Oracle ERP Cloud: Enterprise resource planning
- Oracle HCM Cloud: Human capital management
- Oracle EPM Cloud: Enterprise performance management
These cloud applications can be deployed on their own or integrated with each other.
How Can NexInfo Help?
NexInfo has been designing and deploying Oracle software solutions for over 23+ years. NexInfo’s Oracle consultants have earned Oracle Cloud certifications. They have a deep understanding of how the Oracle Cloud service offerings can work together to support your business processes. NexInfo can also plan and execute the migration of your current ERP system, other applications, and data assets to the cloud.
To learn more about cloud computing in general, Oracle’s cloud service offerings in particular, and the benefits of moving to the cloud, contact NexInfo’s cloud experts today.